Monday, October 1, 2007

I was cleaning the bathroom. And I forgot.

*

Maybe it was because I don’t clean often enough so it didn’t occur to me that I had been doing it.


Maybe it was because another cleaning project distracted me.


Maybe it was because a TV show I wanted to see came on.


Or just maybe it was because I sat down in front of my computer.


Regardless. I was cleaning the bathroom. I had cleaned the sink and the tub and had sprayed the toilet. For some reason still unknown to me, I left the room to, what? Do something else apparently! I did a little laundry, a few dishes, and then sat down in front of my computer with the TV on as well. An hour later I realized the bathroom light was on and no one was in there. There were cleaning supplies on the sink and paper towels on the floor, so when I walked in there I was able to deduce what I had been doing. And at that point, I remembered I had been doing it!


But I still don’t know what pulled me away and why I forgot I was doing it at all.


*scratches head*


Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else????

*

14 Comments:

Unknown said...

That kind of thing happens to me pretty much everyday. I am becoming used t-

Wait a minute, what was I doing again?

BetteJo said...

LOL!

Robin Marie said...

This is why I love blogs. They're proof that I'm not alone in my weird, forgetful ways.


Hallelujah!

BetteJo said...

You should have seen me the day I forgot what that thing was called - and stood there saying - I'm not moving until I remember. tick tock tick tock ...
it was the freakin' coffee table!! I could not for the life of me remember what the name of it was!

Robin Marie said...

Oy, and since I just read Mama Zen's post about multitasking, I should tell you my favorite forgetful habit. (It's oddly appropriate, these two bathroom posts.)

I often find that I sit down to pee, rummage through the basket of magazines just for kicks, and half an hour later realize I forgot to actually pee.

My younger brother, when he was much younger, was often found face down and fast asleep on the bath mat.

BetteJo said...

Bathroom stories! Ha! I have been known to bring my laptop - take the top off the garbage can - yada yada yada. :)

BetteJo said...

that sounded a little weird - I sit the laptop down on the garbage can after I remove the top. giggle.

Lavender said...

AHA! See! Its NOT just me either! A related problem I have is, start one job - go somewhere to put something away and see a job in that room - start doing that job and need something from another room to finish it - get into that room and theres something that needs to go back to the room that I started in, get there and repeat the whole mess over again!!!

Mahala said...

It only happens to us old folks lol.

Fraulein N said...

Crap. I'm only 26 and it happens to me all the time. Maybe I should be worried.

Joy Keaton said...

That's me all over. I have a magnet on my fridge that says "I know I came into this room for a reason". I wish I could blame aging, but I've been like this all my life!

On the upside: your bathroom is clean! Go you!!

Anonymous said...

That kind of thing happens to me all the time bettejo. lol

BetteJo said...

I am so glad to have company here!

Dixie said...

Every.Day.

Several times a day.