Saturday, April 23, 2011

I deleted my Facebook account.

.
Actually, I think I just deactivated it.  I would like to delete it but I'm not sure they let you do that.  But I won't miss it.  There is something about it that I have never been comfortable with.  Obviously I am comfortable on the Internet, I have several blogs.  But there was something about putting myself out there with my last name, my maiden name, my hometown and all that stuff - I didn't like it.  Eeewww.  It's probably not that unusual though if you consider the fact that I rarely answer my home phone and consider most phone calls an intrusion, hate it when people ring my doorbell unexpectedly, and rarely shop outside my home unless I have to.  


Groceries, yeah.


So I deactivated my account.  Goodbye Facebook.  I barely knew ye.




Anybody else uncomfortable with it?

.

6 Comments:

Stimey said...

I'm actually liking Facebook more and more as I use it, but I completely understand what you're saying. I only use it with my maiden name, not that it would be hard to track me down though.

I heard that you have to have your account deactivated for a month before you can delete it because lots of people want to delete their accounts and then change their minds.

Teena in Toronto said...

I love FB ... I only "friend" people I know and don't really personal up there.

BetteJo said...

I guess I just don't get it.

The Beading Gem said...

I use FB strictly for my jewelry business. There are other ways of communicating with friends and family.

Just saw a blog post about how some bank robbers were nabbed after they boasted about their heist on Facebook!! Duh.

Cindy said...

I tried to delete everyone on my facebook a year ago, then they made a change to some privacy settings and it activated everyone again. It took me forever to delete adn I just don't want to give the time to it any longer. I watched a program on |W5 about Facebook, not nice. I'm liking it less and less all the time, now that busy season is upon me I won't have time anyway.

Sewful Artistic Creations said...

Understand exactly where you are coming from!! Just deleted, not deactivated but deleted my FB account to get back to the old fashioned way socializing - I wrote about it on my blog and found your blog because I wanted to see if anyone else wrote about their bye bye to FB experience. Here is a link to my thoughts on saying bye bye to FB - thank you for sharing!
http://sewfulartisticcreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/so-i-deleted-my-facebook-account.html