Monday, June 30, 2008

Dream a little dream ..


So Sunday I woke up with a headache and the remnants of a dream chasing around in my head. I went to see Amanda, she was picking me up at the airport with her husband because you know, we're tight.


I was lost for a while on wet dark streets and then at a park where the sun was shining and there was ice cream, and then back to Amanda's house where I was smoking cigarettes inside without asking, and I don't
even smoke!


Jennifer Aniston came walking up and looked at me like she thought she knew me, so I assured her we had only run into each other once or twice at parties, but we didn't know each other. As if!


She must have been Amanda's friend.


At some point I was sad because Amanda's beautiful girls were nowhere to be found, and Sean (Amanda's husband) gave me a HUGE photo album to look through while Amanda pointed out some little carved words she mounted by the door bell. I have no idea what they said but I got the idea they were a little naughty. I was thinking I shouldn't drink so much, maybe that's why I have a headache, incorporating my real headache into the dream.


I know there were all kinds of details of some pretty dresses and the small brick ranch with a full view storm door that looks nothing like Amanda's house. Dinner, snacking, talking, drinking. All in bits and pieces here and there. Weird.


When it was time to leave I drove myself and I had to stop at a doctor's appointment but they got my appointment wrong and tried to teach me how to train a dog as opposed to whatever screening exam I thought I was having.


I don't usually remember my dreams but this one was in the morning just before I got up and I was thinking about it as I woke up. What was Jennifer Aniston doing there? Was she supposed to see me and then absolutely dismiss me? Oh well. I don't think my feelings were hurt. In any event, I forgive her, and I thank Amanda and Sean for their hospitality. It was a very nice visit.


I think. Dreams being what they are, you can never be sure.



3 Comments:

BetteJo said...

Headache is gone, thanks! :)

Amanda said...

Oh, but this made me smile. You also inspired me to maybe get some letters to spell something naughty by the door. And, for the record, you can come to visit anytime you want and, if you get a hankering, I have lovely stone patio that I, along with Sean, laid with my bare hands last summer, that you would be welcome to smoke and drink vodka gimlets or mint juleps on...those drinks just sound so fun and special occasiony.

BetteJo said...

Thank you Amanda, you're very sweet. And just so you know, I think the small naughty words were a message from you to your husband. :) Still have no idea what it was though.