Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cats live a slavish existence, don't they?

Today I worked from home. For the very first time. I don’t know what I was expecting but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I did not get distracted by the TV or by my home computer. I discovered that work is work and when I am doing it, I am focused.


I did realize at some point that I was sitting on the couch with my laptop on my (where else?) lap, there was a coolish breeze blowing in the windows, and it was relatively quiet. There was no one near me on a conference call with their phone on speaker and no one close by who needs to speak loudly because of the headset they have. There were no people calling out to each other from across the room or laughing and making noise while I am on the phone with a client.


And I didn’t miss it.


But I would.


As loud as it gets sometimes, I really like the people I work with and I would not like to work from home every day. I like going to a place that is designated for work, where all my work ‘stuff’ is, and where I have a history with people.


But for today – this was my scenery.




Total relaxation..



...this..



and this ..





....this..



yes, and this ..





there's always a box somewhere ...




..friendship..




..and given the opportunity, this would be MY nap. Doesn't she look completely content?




8 Comments:

MsCatMinder said...

Great post ... and your tortoiseshell ( have I spellt that right . Looks odd ? ) cat is the double of my Kitty though obviously less lardy . Do your cats go out / exercise ?

The Beading Gem said...

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I'm coming back as a pampered housecat!

Gemheaven said...

oh to be a cat ;0)

BetteJo said...

Odd? I'm not sure how you mean but she's evil. She bites. Hard! My cats are indoor cats and 2 of them are pretty pudgy. The tortie - she hasn't bulked up as much as the other 2 females and Riley - the orange boy - stays in shape with his stuffed animal girlfriend.

House-cats really DO have the life - no worries!

palette48 said...

It is a great life, isn't it? I find it very relaxing to watch my cat and dog go about their daily business. I think I could learn a thing or two from them about how not to be stressed out.

Stimey said...

I kinda wanna be a cat now.

Catherine said...

You can't beat the friendship of human beings but your cats do look wonderful!!

BetteJo said...

I just wish they didn't shed. Oh the hair! If you notice - in some of those pictures the cats are laying on various kitty blankets. Those get covered in hair, and can be washed. And when someone wants to sit and not get breaded - they move the cat blanket. It's really tough to keep up with the shedding though.