Friday, June 20, 2008

I know what you're thinking ..


Oh man she's posting pictures of flowers from her wonderful boyfriend again. *yawn* Um, no. I'm not. These are not my flowers.


My daughter is in down-state Illinois tonight, insistent as she was to drive down there even though the Mississippi River is flooding and levees are breaking, she had to go. Oh - and even though her Mom was worried. But - Dani assures me there is no danger where she is going, calling me when she got there to tell me "Mom I didn't even see a drop of water all the way down here. There isn't any flooding where I am."





So these flowers are not mine, they are hers. These were sent to Dani from Dan, a couple (few?) days ago. He is the reason she is in down-state Illinois right now, she is with him. She drove over 5 hours to get there, they are going to a wedding down there.


Dan sent these flowers to my daughter, it's seems fairly certain he cares for her a great deal. And it is doubly certain that I am counting on him to take good care of her down there, even though she would say she doesn't need taking care of.


The flooding isn't over and I won't be convinced she is safe until it is. And I don't really care if she doesn't want me to put the onus on Dan to watch over her while she is there but let's face it. He is the reason she is there so it is his responsibility to make sure she gets home safely to me. Because I said so. That's all the reason I need.


Beautiful flowers, by the way. Beautiful girl.



2 Comments:

MsCatMinder said...

You must be worried but Im sure she will be fine ....

The Beading Gem said...

Mothers never stop worrying about their children, ever. She'll be fine.