Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ambien affected my judgment, now I buy cool stuff!



I love perusing Etsy listings, I especially like to make my searches vague to see what I come up with.  I stumbled on a shop called Pieceful Design and I bought a few items on my first visit.  When I received my purchases I liked them so much I went back and bought some more.  


The woman who the shop belongs to is Jennifer Brown and her profile says:

A former teacher, I'm now trying to make a go of it as a fiber artist. Translation: I'm trying to find something to do to keep me sane while being at home with my kids. What can I say? Fabric makes me happy. Selling things made from fabric makes me ecstatic!
She makes bowls, baskets, er .. fabric bowls.  She calls them both.  I was looking for (aha I just remembered how I found her!) a basket to put in my bathroom to hold all the handmade lotions and scrubs and yummy goodies I had already bought on Etsy.  I think I bought 3 bowls the first time and one is in my bathroom while I used the other 2 for sorting my mosaics while working on my table.  


Now that I have a total of 7 of these baskets in various sizes, I am still just as happy with them as the day the first one arrived on my doorstep.  As soon as I receive them (cough *may have been shopping again* cough) I plan on putting some vintage hankies in one along with some beautiful lavender sachets (I am also waiting for..cough), I think they will look wonderful together!  


Anyway, I love these fabric bowls and thought I would share but I'm going to stop now before I tell you everything else I've shopped for without the Ambien excuse.  At least now I'm being more careful, Jennifer's bowls are very reasonably priced!

**Added - just found some more of Jennifer's profile - this is my kind of gal, too funny!

For international shipping (other than Canada), please convo with me and we'll figure out the appropriate shipping charges together. I have to admit, it scares me a bit-- but then, again, so do cupcakes.
.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are at least shopping without the aid of drugs. Love the bowls, I will have to do some surfing of my own on Etsy.

Teena in Toronto said...

I've heard of that site but have never been there.

The Beading Gem said...

What a good idea - fabric bowls won't break unlike ceramic ones. These are so pretty - no wonder you couldn't resist.

BetteJo said...

They're pliable, but they're strong. And she makes the cutest little ones, I just love them!

Cindy said...

These are sweet, I especially like the dark pink nesting bowls. Shopping on line can be an adventure. It is interesting to find out how you browse and neat knowing someone else browses as I.

Melissa said...

Yeah, I have one or two or twenty things that I've bought while on Ambien!

The bowls are great!

BetteJo said...

Oh yay! Someone else who shops on Ambien! Past tense for me. :)

take ambien said...

I take ambien occasionally to help me get a full night sleep. in the morning I wake up with so much energy it is unbelievabe.I sleep 7 full hours and wake up without feeling any side affects but full energy.