Thursday, August 12, 2010

Room with a view

*
Tonight's sunset from my Mom's hospital window.



Mom's doing well, although she does have pneumonia which can take a really long time to get rid of for an elderly person. Still plying her with antibiotics and fluids and her roommate is a retired nurse which is a bonus. Eating seems to have become her newest best activity - it's like in the last couple of months at age 82 - she finally decided she doesn't need to worry about her weight anymore and is enjoying her meals for the first time in her adult life! She's a whopping 117 pounds!

Anyway, I'm going to work and the hospital and no one is making meals for me. Feel sorry for ME day. Okay, don't. I'm fine, just perpetually tired. Oh and get this - with the heat index (heat + humidity) today it felt like 103. And the air conditioning in my car crapped out. :)

Trade lives, anyone?


*crickets*

Buehler?

*

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, yours is worse than mine so I won't trade, but I sure feel for you. Hope things get better soon.

The Beading Gem said...

Just hang in there!

Jen said...

I'm going to have to turn down your offer to trade lives. That seems... like a bad idea. I'm sorry.

However, that is one AWESOME picture. Amazing.