Thursday, August 26, 2010

The next challenge

^
3 Hospital stays, just for the hospital. Haven't even gotten the one where she spent most of the time in the ICU! $69880.26. Wow. Glad they aren't actually asking for this amount!




But they ARE all asking for this. Pain Management Physicians, Physical Therapy, Ambulance Service, The Fire Department, E.R. Physicians, nursing home physicians .... sigh ...



Believe or not, all these bills were much scarier inside their envelopes. I will bring all this to work tomorrow and during my lunch I will make some phone calls to get actual totals owed so I can bring just one bill from each service to the nursing home tomorrow evening. Mom has asked me to bring the bills. She delegates everything to me - but I'm not sure if she'll listen to me if I tell her not to pay the total to each one. We will see how well she does the money/bill balancing act. Wish me luck!

** I have to admit I am starting to feel like a grownup. I had to be 51 years old and be responsible for my mother before I felt like a grown up. I wonder if other people feel that way.
^

5 Comments:

Mahala said...

Feeling like a grown up is way over rated.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mahala. The grown up stuff is not much fun.

Jen said...

I'm scared of that pile from here.

Really. Bills make me nervous.

Lavender said...

Oh BetteJo, I couldnt handle it! More power to you!!!!!! Im very very very very near your age and I still dont feel grown up even though I did my caretaking for Mum earlier....so I guess you are just hitting prime time now - hang in there till life lightens up again and you should be in for a great ride!

Chymecindy said...

Aww dont like bills.