Monday, January 21, 2008

Tomorrow

I am going to re-post something I posted back in August and I will tell you why. WhyMommy is having her much anticipated surgery tomorrow. She has a wonderfully positive attitude and has fought so hard to get to the point where she could be scheduled for a mastectomy, I doubt that I could ever face what she has with such grace and courage. As she goes in tomorrow she will have the thoughts and prayers of countless people in her life and well as a multitude of bloggy friends across the Internet, mine included. There are wonderful things ahead for WhyMommy, this is only a part of her life's journey.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

This is WhyMommy

This is WhyMommy. She is a beautiful, young, incredibly articulate woman, wife, and mother. And she has breast cancer. That, of course is not all that defines her but right now it is the unwelcome focus of most of her days.

She has a type of breast cancer most of us know very little about called IBC or infammatory breast cancer. WhyMommy writes about it here, she can explain it much better than I.

Please read her article. Then, say a prayer for WhyMommy and her family and tell her story to everyone you know. I managed to get to 48 years old never having heard of this kind of cancer and I am sure there are many many people like me out there. We need to educate ourselves and we need to support each other. Thank you WhyMommy, for telling your story and sharing your struggle with us. I'm praying for you.

4 Comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Oh, I love that picture of her. Thank you for posting it today.

useless_rambler said...

Yes, it is a beautiful picture of a beautiful woman, inside and out. And that little one, isn't he just the cutest?!?!?!?!?!?

Gemheaven said...

Thanks for the post on this BetteJo my good friend has fought this battle and won so my thoughts and prayers are with this wonderful courageous lady.

TheyDHD said...

What a fantastic shot!