Tuesday, January 6, 2009

.. how lovely are your branches ..


Okay, so my tree is still up. It is - and I like it. I AM going to take it down, I actually even went out
to the garage a few minutes ago to get the boxes - uh ... I just remembered I didn't get the box for the tree itself. Hmm. Well, I'll get that later. I was going to take the tree down over the weekend but - I just didn't. Last night I was SO tired when I got home from work that I went to bed at 8:00pm to "watch TV". (obviously didn't take the tree down then.) I think I fell asleep right away and next thing you know it was 1:30am and I was wide awake. (THAT'S when I should have worked on the tree!!) So then I DID watch TV. I kept trying to go back to sleep but my body wasn't having any of it till oh ... about 5:00am when I had to get up at 7:00-ish. UGH-h-h.

So - I am dragging today but I think I am the last house on the street with a lit Christmas tree in the window and doggone if it doesn't look FABULOUS!!! But it's time to take it down. So sad, I always miss it when it's gone.


However - I have set some goals for myself having to do with getting my beading back up and going, and still having the tree up just doesn't quite jive with the other things I need to do. It's too bad because it's the only time of year you can get away with sticking something in the middle of your house that you cover with lights and sparkly stuff and decorate with all manner of things. There is no other venue for that kind of shiny, fun, excess. But, it comes down. Tonight.


5 Comments:

The Beading Gem said...

There is a lot to be said for a "pop up" tree, complete with decorations!! Then we won't have to go through the long ritual of taking down the tree.

Anonymous said...

Took mine down today just about broke my heart it was delightfully gorgeous, now its dull again..
Took me all day , that's quite a chore, I barely had energy to make supper thank goodness I served encore presentation, that saved me a lot of shaking and baking LOL!!
4 adults in the house you would think of them would take pitty on me and cook??? nope... I am a one man band here servant to all who live in this abode....sigh.....
Diane

BetteJo said...

I think I would miss the ritual of decorating the tree. But a tree that was already put together and had lights - I'd be game for that. But - the tree I have is still fairly new, not trading it in yet.

Oh Diane I'd be cracking some heads over there. I would have asked somebody to at least go out and get something for dinner (by dog sled if necessary) for goodness sakes! For me - my son has been at work all evening, my daughter is at school - the tree is my baby anyway. But to heck with that cooking part!! :)

Filomena said...

My pretty (pink!) tree is still up...I'm thinking it would be a nice decoration for Valentine's Day...it might just stay!

Lavender said...

Aw, bummer! (I procrastinate so much, I havent even put one up in 12 years!! LOL)