Sunday, November 9, 2008

Okay, I feel a bit better now.


~ * ~


So being in my usual state of "I got nothin'", I decided to see if I could go into my bead room and not freak out about the mess it is in there. I discovered it was worse in some ways than I was thinking because my sweet and timid (toilet paper and paper towel eating) cat Norah had been running a-muck with sheets of bubble wrap, knocking some jewelry boxes on the floor and snacking on the cotton filler. Nice. Thanks Norah!


I managed to clear a place to sit and after a few fits and starts, I actually made something! And I figured that since this blog is called A Bead a Day - maybe I ought to show some beads now and then. It's been a long long time. I made a bracelet, yes, only one. But it is made with all handmade lampwork glass beads and sterling silver and I am quite pleased with how it turned out since I am SO out of practice.


And I feel a little better now cause look! I got somethin'!



8 Comments:

The Beading Gem said...

I love this eclectic bracelet. The choice of beads is delightful. Is that for you or for the shop?

Beading always makes me feel better.

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

Its very nice I love the colors do you make your own lamp work beads? I just took a class recently on my last trip it was fun.
Diane

reddragonsangel said...

Beautiful!

ireneintheworld said...

i love it bettejo, beautiful. creating is very satisfying. x

BetteJo said...

Yes, it will make it into my shop. I really wear very little jewelry these days.
And no, I do not make my own beads - I wouldn't have a clue! :)

Lady Banana said...

This is really lovely, beautiful colours.. do some more!! :)

Lavender said...

Oh cool! I love your colour choices, that SO WORKS and I wouldnt have thought of combining those sorta cosmicky ones with the ochrey and nile green ones - You go girl!
Glad youre feeling less 'lame' but obviously youve turned it around, in style!

Heather "Hev" said...

Gorgeous work Bette Jo.
Its fun to just play isnt it :)