Sunday, November 9, 2008

Okay, I feel a bit better now.


~ * ~


So being in my usual state of "I got nothin'", I decided to see if I could go into my bead room and not freak out about the mess it is in there. I discovered it was worse in some ways than I was thinking because my sweet and timid (toilet paper and paper towel eating) cat Norah had been running a-muck with sheets of bubble wrap, knocking some jewelry boxes on the floor and snacking on the cotton filler. Nice. Thanks Norah!


I managed to clear a place to sit and after a few fits and starts, I actually made something! And I figured that since this blog is called A Bead a Day - maybe I ought to show some beads now and then. It's been a long long time. I made a bracelet, yes, only one. But it is made with all handmade lampwork glass beads and sterling silver and I am quite pleased with how it turned out since I am SO out of practice.


And I feel a little better now cause look! I got somethin'!



7 Comments:

The Beading Gem said...

I love this eclectic bracelet. The choice of beads is delightful. Is that for you or for the shop?

Beading always makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Its very nice I love the colors do you make your own lamp work beads? I just took a class recently on my last trip it was fun.
Diane

AngelHawk said...

Beautiful!

slippingthroughtheworld said...

i love it bettejo, beautiful. creating is very satisfying. x

BetteJo said...

Yes, it will make it into my shop. I really wear very little jewelry these days.
And no, I do not make my own beads - I wouldn't have a clue! :)

Lavender said...

Oh cool! I love your colour choices, that SO WORKS and I wouldnt have thought of combining those sorta cosmicky ones with the ochrey and nile green ones - You go girl!
Glad youre feeling less 'lame' but obviously youve turned it around, in style!

Heather "Hev" said...

Gorgeous work Bette Jo.
Its fun to just play isnt it :)