Monday, October 17, 2011

Shopping in the Husky section.

.
Most MOBs (mother(s) of the bride) go out and get their dress as far ahead of time as the bride, sometimes with as many fittings too.  But say the MOB was having surgery and just had NO idea what size she would be on that very special day.  Well she would have to wait until much closer to the wedding.


The end.


was considered
Okay, a very abbreviated version of the story - about 2 weeks before the wedding I went shopping with my daughter.  Plus size shopping is a demeaning experience to begin with because there just isn't the selection you might see in 'regular' sizes.


I tried on a few dresses, we went several places, drove hither and yon and did not find anything.  So I went to my laptop and started to search.  4 dresses, 3 pairs of shoes, 1 purse and expedited shipping later, I was almost confident.


Except the first dress was too big and I didn't really like it.  The second dress was too big and I really didn't like it.  The 3rd and 4th dresses were both too small and of course I loved them.  But altering smaller to bigger?  Uh.. no.


So one more dress - Macy's - online - expedited shipping ... got here on time. It fit beautifully and I loved it.  But it was the wrong color. My daughter had some colors that were going to be acceptable and some that were not.  This was a not.  (Didn't help that I refused to do sleeveless!) A few calls were made, some tears were very nearly shed .. the replacement dress came 2 days before the wedding.  


Still the wrong color.  


So the day before the wedding I went out by myself, found a dress and shoes and the wedding was lovely.


The end.  (Abbreviation is not within my skill-set obviously.)


**Still working on the return shipping.


.

4 Comments:

jaridit misr said...

i like that

fakr gidid said...

i like that

Cindy of PEI said...

I try and stay away from online shopping and shipping it just hurts 30 days later. So glad you pulled it all together

Teena in Toronto said...

I've never bought clothes online because I'm afraid they wouldn't fit right.