Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I know it was here just yesterday! Wasn't it?

.
This is a picture taken when I was – I dunno 15 or 16 maybe.  It was the day I was cutting off my hair to just above shoulder length and getting it feathered on the sides.  Remembered feathering?  Yeah, awesome. 

The picture is a little worse for wear, something got stuck to it and left paper attached – but you can see a few things from my teenage years.  The big console TV (that didn’t work) with the little one (that did) on top of it.  Both black and white.  Standard in a lot of homes.  The red velvet Grand Marnier bottle (empty) – just because it was cool and alcohol related.  Oh – and see the yellow plastic ladder that held my earrings?  Yeah, we all had something similar, and just to the left of the poster is a little “Love is ..” cartoon.  Wow, I was a walking teenage stereotype apparently!











But there is one thing in this picture I miss, something I would love to have back if I had any idea where it went or how to find it again.

That butt!  Will you look at that?  Amazing, if I do say so myself.


.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I would kill to be the size and shape I was way back when. If we only knew then what we know now. LOL

Stimey said...

I'm glad you said it, because I was going to, but then I thought it might make me sound creepy.

Gorgeous hair too!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! That's quite a head of hair :)

I've had a few feathered cuts in my day. Too much work .. these days my hair looks like yours in this picture.

Cindy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ahall frig, you had nice hair back then also. Not saying you don't know but you did then. Dad fixed television sets, consoles as we called them and we had the tv on top of tv thing going too

The Beading Gem said...

Beautiful hair! I had long hair too which didn't really suit me. Yeah, I can't believe we were all that skinny!

Ring by Ring Designs said...

Beautiful hair, BetteJo. I, too, would love to be half as thin now as I was back then. TV's are familiar too.
Bev