Monday, October 13, 2008

Whine, whine, whine!


So now I've had it - about something else. This ties together 2 of my recent posts about the - being meticulous and going nuts over the details - and being fed up too! My other blog, A Picture a Day, is all good except for one thing. See how on this blog I have my date above the post and the comments below? I cannot DO that on the other blog.


This is how far I have gone. I actually replaced the original template with a different one, then changed the background, changed the header, changed the color of the body so it would all look like the old template - but with the way the new template shows t
he posting information. TA DA!!! Right? Aren't I clever?


Except it didn't work. I have gone into settings, layout, checked everything I know how to check, changed code for goodness sake and I cannot make it work differently! It's like it's hard-coded somewhere but I cannot figure out where. Tonight I will put back my original template so it's not a template-changed-to-look-like-another-template, and then I will wait for the cavalry. Why?? Because it bugs me!

I don't expect a lot of comments on that blog but when people DO leave them I would like it to be clear WHERE to leave them. I also like it to have the date at the top of the post and then under is - posted by: me, and the time! Is that too much to ask? But it will not let me do it. No matter how many configurations and settings I mess with, I can't make it do what I want.

And.I.don't.like.that.
So, are there any HTML or XML guru's out there who might want to look at my code for me? Hey Baby, wanna see my code? Sorry. Anyway. I would really like to change that one thing and I will be happy with that blog. For now. Until I decide something else needs to be changed.

Cause I'm like that.


But this one thing has really bothered me from the get-go and then bothered me even more because I couldn't figure out how to change it. Help?


4 Comments:

Jeanne Elle said...

I wish I could help... I don't even know how you got three columns in your blog, lol. Good luck :-)

The Beading Gem said...

When you tried replacing it with another template, was it a totally different one from a different source? If you did, it should have cured the problem if it was in the HTML code. Since it didn't, I am stumped!!

BetteJo said...

Yes, did that, been there, done everything I could think of. The new template was from the same source but first I created a new blog and used that template to make sure it displayed the way I wanted it to. THEN I moved it over and the post date and time and comments line - moved back again. !!! I don't get it!

Heather "Hev" said...

Perhaps saying "Pretty please with sugar on top", clicking your heels 3 times and dancing around an oak tree naked under a full moon may work???

As you can see I have absolutely NO inkling witht his stuff but I hope it bought a small smile to your face :)