Saturday, July 28, 2007

Getting back to basics

Realized today - okay - maybe I've been thinking about it for a few days - anyway - I have been paying a lot more attention to my blog, reading blogs, and generally goofing off online than I have been to making jewelry or the bane of my existance - cleaning my house.

I always have these designs in my head for fabulous pieces too - so I really need to get back to it. My work space is pretty cramped so there isn't much ambiance in that room, but there is a TV and there are beads. Lots and lots of beads. I am obsessed with beads. I need to start using them more!

These earrings are the first I have made using my handmade earwires, the tutorial for making them came from Tamara at McFarland Designs. How nice of her to share! And they were super simple to make! My ability isn't perfect yet, but I am continuing to improve.

This bracelet is something I love, although I think I am moving away from the chunkier beads right now, it's a style I will always be attached to. This bracelet has some beautiful natural agate beads, faceted, a couple of citrine crystal beads but what I really love is the natural fire opal in the center. Such a deep golden color it almost seems to be liquid inside.

I am feeling the need to try some newer techniques, try my hand at some different styles, although I am pretty sure I will never completely leave the chunky focal beads I like to use in necklaces and bracelets. There is room for different types of jewelry in my shop so as I continue to grow and improve - my shop will certainly reflect that.

I do know I need to pay more attention to my shop, I haven't been promoting much (anywhere) lately and you don't sell if you sit on your butt and expect people to come to you.

But oh how I love reading blogs!

.... long time since I posted a pretty picture - I believe this is Ireland.

5 Comments:

Mahala said...

OMG the housework. I think garden gnomes come to life in the night, sneak in and dirty up my house.

The Family Jewels said...

I am glad that you are back to making and posting your beautiful jewelry. I have also enjoyed reading your recent posts though.

Have a great time with your beads...I am looking forward to more pictures!

-Tonia

BetteJo said...

Mahala - I think you're right! It certainly couldn't be my 21 year old daughter, right? Hmmmm.

BetteJo said...

Tonia - thanks - I feel a bit like I have multiple personalities when it comes to this blog - but I guess I'll just keep listening to all the voices in my head and do what they tell me! :)
Thanks!

The Family Jewels said...

It's working just fine for you so far...I wouldn't fight them.
-Tonia