Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's an abomination, I tell you!



One of the toilets in my new house (which we have not moved into yet) has one of these.  Now call me silly but if you give me choices for the toi toi, explain those choices to me!


Being raised with the idea that a strong flush was to be admired, this is confusing to me. I thought the idea was to take anything deposited in the uh .. bowl .. and whoosh it away quickly and without leaving any um .. residue .. behind. Behind. Heh. But from what I have read (yes, I googled my toilet) there are 2 buttons, one for liquids and one for solids. I know, right? But the 2 buttons do not say anything on them and I cannot tell the difference when I flush it. My daughter and I stood there and flushed it both ways and ended up walking away shrugging our shoulders. 


The interwebs said that for "dual flush" toilets the bigger button is usually for solids. But somewhere else I read that the blue button is for solids. 


This may be something I can't do. Environmentalists - I'm freaking sorry. But I might have to send away to Canada which I hear still sells the large tank, awesome flushing, water wasting toilets - and have one sent down. A toilet just shouldn't be .. dainty .. about flushing.


I've been know to tell people "you have to pick your battles".  This may be one I have to fight.




.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

We recently replaced the toilet in our main bathroom and bought one that said it was rated a class 5 (that is how that rate river rapids)made by Jacuzzi, and I must say, it is one of the strongest flushing toilets I have ever had. Leaves nothing behind. So maybe all you need to do is come south a little.

BetteJo said...

Hey Tonya, make up the guest room, I'll be right down!

Teena in Toronto said...

We have an old-school toilet ... I can figure it out :)

The Beading Gem said...

I actually prefer these to the ones that save water all the time! Believe me that doesn't work well!