Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I don't need it.

*
Is there a reason Tiger Woods owes me an apology?

Tomorrow the golf star is supposed to be coming out publicly for the first time since he humiliated his wife, brought his sponsors to their knees financially, and single-handedly sent the sport of golf back to the retired-people sport it used to be. Why?

He totally owes an apology to his wife, his family, the women he was involved with, his sponsors, the golfers he played with, but does he really owe anyone else his apologies? Doesn't make sense to me.

I am aware that he was held up as this clean-cut all-American athlete who brought golf more attention and to a much wider audience than anyone else ever has. But apparently it was pretty well known he was a womanizer, I mean really - just look at the num
bers - plenty of people knew.

So it comes out in all it's gory detail, with one woman after the next ready to get on TV and say she slept with Tiger Woods. Woo hoo! What a claim to fame! The media counted the women, speculated about the SUV and Tiger's wife chasing him with a golf club, and stood in a puddle of drool waiting for the next revelation.

I don't feel sorry for Tiger. I don't feel sorry for the women, except for his wife. I think it's a horrible tragedy for his children. People make their own beds and Tiger knew his reputation and knew he was a public figure. He has hurt all of the people closest to him. And you know what? It's not my business.

A public apology? That's meaningless. Don't need it, don't want it, don't care.
*

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I am with you on this one.
I agree... I feel sorry for his wife and kids.
Some people think its cuz he has money to burn...I dont think so.. lots of regular everyday men do the same darn thing to their wives and kids.
And besides does this affect us in any way?? NOPE... so who cares !!
Diane

Teena in Toronto said...

I don't care either. So what!

Shai Williams said...

I have no desire to get an apology either. Personally I could care less what Tiger Woods has been up too.

Unknown said...

No kidding...Cable news...I blame them.....who cares?????