Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wii for the elderly

How many nights do I go to sleep picturing myself getting on the treadmill (never outside, I'm not THAT crazy) and running like I'm training for something? Never mind that I was never a runner, even in high school at 104 pounds (I WAS TOO - my freshman and sophomore years) I couldn't run a whole mile without walking some of it.


There was a time when I worked out all the time, for about 2 or 3 years and that was all she wrote. Now - I not only don't exercise, I don't MOVE. I've been eating better than I ever have in my life and still not losing weight so you know working out is the missing element.


Tonight I got on the treadmill and started moving. I thought about it all day at work, gearing myself up for a workout when I got home and was just starting to walk - when my BF showed up all cute and bearing gifts. He's kind of hard to resist when he smiles and his nose crinkles all up. He brought me a strawberry/pineapple slushy thing that was really good. But spending time with him and having my slushy meant getting off the treadmill almost as soon as I started.


Still, it wasn't all cold, fruity kisses. BF suggested we play tennis. On the Wii. OH! Exercise of another kind, okay, I can do that! He being of the athletic persuasion and me being from the totally sucking community, I still thought it could be fun and it was!


But about 10 minutes into it I looked at him and he looked at me and I realized we were both playing with our reading glasses perched on the ends of our noses. Um . . I guess we couldn't see the remote well enough . . .


You KNOW what I said to him and made us both laugh, right?


"WE'RE OLD!"


But we kept playing!


5 Comments:

The Beading Gem said...

LOL! There is hope for me yet, she who also doesn't move.

Tonya said...

Wish I could gather up that much energy. I havent made it past about 5 minutes on the treadmill, much less to play tennis of any kind. I am impressed (even if you do need those glasses.)

Lady Banana said...

Im so lazy, not used my Wii for weeks, or even months if Im honest!!

The Lib Basher said...

come visit me honey

Cynthia at A Shimmy in My Spirit said...

That's so funny. I haven't tried a Wii...you make it sound like fun. Love the picture!