Friday, June 15, 2007

Is it me??

I suppose I should never ask a question like that, but I meant it to be rhetorical. I posted on Etsy a few times today (in forums) - and then ran away. Why? Because I just get so aggravated! I did not want to say something I would be sorry for later.


Why is it that some people think Etsy owes them SO much??? How much would they be paying if they were running their own website with a merchant account and shopping cart? In THAT case I could accept some anger about technical problems.

I'm thinking that this has more to do with our society's need for instant gratification and the feeling of entitlement that pervades a lot of the more recent generations. Sure - I'm being age-ist. Oh well. The people who were whining and complaining were mostly - fairly young.

I went into my favorites and UNhearted someone tonight. That's how annoyed I am. I will not say who it was, it really doesn't matter to anyone but me. It made me feel better - I already know I will not shop with that seller anyway.

I suppose this is MY way of whining and complaining. But as I have said previously, young or old, I still believe that the majority of sellers feel closer to what I do - than to the sellers who are wringing their hands and pointing fingers tonight. I have to have more faith in people than that.

Kind of sad to be so cynical I think. Tired. Another early night for me. I'm calming myself with pretty pictures.

2 Comments:

Robin Marie said...

It's not just you. The problem is that the people who're frustrated with Etsy but not complaining are just waiting for things to clear up, thus we don't hear from them much. The whiners aren't subscribing to the "if you don't like it ignore it" mentality, so we have to hear all about their frustration.

I subscribe to the "if I had time to be on Etsy I might know what's going on" mentality, in which I avoid the internet almost entirely because I'm too busy:-p

BetteJo said...

I think - when there are problems on Etsy - I just need to stay away from the forums!! :)

Thanks for stopping by again - hope you update yours soon!